It numbers 4862 complete and partial skeletons and separate bones of the birds, mainly from Bulgaria, but also from Azerbaijan, Belgium, Belarus, Spain, Kazakhstan, China, USA, Antarctica, etc.
Contains 19 complete mounted skeletons of birds. All remaining skeletons are kept unarticulated and unmounted.
It was established in 1900.
It is stored in a part of the Birds Hall in the main building of the museum.